Dealing with Unexpected Immigration Issues!!

Thought of sharing a very frightening experience with you all, relating to Immigration issues, while you are abroad.
The reason why I thought of sharing this experience is that, one can be in the most difficult situation, stranded and lonely abroad, with no hopes left, but the key for survival is that "Keep Calm, Composed and Positive, Thoughtful and Aware while you face adversities and you would naturally get instincts to cruise through and survive with one super natural power of "Hope". :)

I am sure, you would be able to deal with any situation once you read this latest post by me.

Many months back, when my organization decided to do a work permit of an Immigration friendly country :) (Not USA) I never thought I would ever be in this difficulty.
Was happy that I was leaving India for good, had lots of hopes and dreams and flew to this new country with a very positive attitude. The catch was, my Work Visa would be done on Arrival, taking the route of "On Entry Work Permit" Visa. I went to this country, settled and with every documentation and Lawyers assistance decided to travel to the country border, to do a "Flag Pole" from a different country and then showcase all the required documents.

The assistant lawyer travelled with me, my organization had given me the confidence that this is a defined method to get the work visa done and an allowed/ genuine method and with this simple process I could get the Visa document and later can travel to my home country without any issues as the work Visa validity is for 2 years at a stretch.
Once I reached the border, travelled to the USA border and came in to this new country, I was immediately questioned by the Immigration officers about why I was there. I confidently showed all the paper work, documents, offer letter, passport and other important details.

They thought all the documentation was very well done, and informed me they would be processing my visa, which would take some time, as its a digital format and they have to enter every information, so I was suggested to be seated. Within few minutes, after going through my passport and my travel history which had various destinations and countries visited lot many times, they questioned about my Visits- I thought it was a normal routine question that they would ask. I informed about every visit and why I was there, USA, Canada, India and different time spans I stayed everywhere.

I was suddenly threatened that I was doing some illegal work, or any money laundering business and was mentioned that there would be a criminal investigation against me. This was a shock!!!!!

Here I take a good college degree (reputed school), I am an IT Professional with vast experience and what kind of questions were these?? I just thought I was genuinely dealing with every situation in life, and here I always fall in trouble due to someone else's deeds?? Always...how can this happen?

Suddenly another officer started mentioning I should write a consent letter against my organisation and I would be saved!!! What kind of deal is this? Why do I write any written note, while I am stranded in a different country altogether? I thought for a while and decided, I would never do that, No one should ever write things and sign anything legal (unless advised by lawyer) while you are in a border and stuck outside your country!!!
I quickly mentioned the officer, that examine, chat, video or audio shoot my thoughts and what I speak, but I would never write anything anywhere or sign any legal document.
I mentioned to them, I never did any illegal work ever, never over stayed in any country while I am out of visa status or because of the same - just for the love of any country nor I have ever been an illegal immigrant, so please let me explain.

While they investigated they again threatened me saying, do u know you would have been behind bars had it been USA...but why?? :) They made sure, I was helpless and scared without any reason.
They questioned about everything, my schooling, my marriage, my current status, where I stay, what I do and my bank accounts. I replied for everything.
Finally they mentioned, we are seizing your passport and letting me enter in their country as they are good people and trying to help me.

I was now scared as my Passport was not going to be with me!!!  :( I couldn't do anything but trust the officers. I was further mentioned we would still do our investigation and try to find if your background is right!! what??
I gave them the address where i stayed in the country, my phone number and mentioned I would be at the border when they would call me back. They told me to gather all the documents about my history...I did not understand what was happening...was going through tough time in personal life any which way and now this problem to add!!! :(
I never lost the hope, gathered every document for the next 4 days...was terribly scared, but I knew I do not need to fear as I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG EVER!!!

Showed up at the border again,(after 4 days as they had defined) and the officer looked at every document I carried. He spoke with my organisations Higher management official and then mentioned he found me very geniune and requested me to go back to my country and do an overseas visa and be back in the country as my - Profile, education and Qualification were very good.

Felt bad as the Visa was rejected for the work permit and I had to travel back, but the peace that I got once I saw my Home country was awesome!!!! :)

But I genuinly feel the best part when you are going through horrible situations is, You have your family back home, who cares for you and love you! so....

Keep cool, trust your ownself, Don't panic and take advice from everyone or confuse or consult your family members back home, as they would anyways be tensed and in these situations you anyways tend to panic and think about every situation.

So best approach is, go by what your Heart says and trust it...at these times, you might have access to families, friends, but your Best friend is "YOU" so trust that you can take very good care of yourself and can take right decisions and lead, solve any problem or difficulty and just Cruise through the situation.
I strongly believe that there is ALWAYS AN ENERGY, WHICH IS YOUR POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND BELIEF THAT MAKES THINGS HAPPEN THE WAY YOU WANT THEM TO HAPPEN!!

"So Think gracefully and act genuinely!!!" is the Key. :)
Hope this post would be a subtle Booster in your life, that reminds you TO ALWAYS STAY POSITIVE!
Share your experiences here, as I would love to read them!

Comments

Popular Posts